Tuesday, August 11, 2015

puts ‘Hello, World!’

Hello, my name is Andrei Daniel Koenig, and this is the first entry to my blog.


I am learning to code, and this will be a record of my journey from being a “coding zero” to a self-taught “Ruby Hero”. This blog will help me stay true to my goals, and keep me accountable and motivated. I am planning on blogging at least three times a week, and share my wins and fails with anyone who is interested in following me on my journey.


Main goal is to get hired by an IT company for a QA position by January 15, 2016. I am planning on studying at least 21 hours a week (or an average of 3 hours a day).


For the last 10 years, I have made a career in the hospitality industry, and since I don’t have any coding background, I have my work cut out ahead of me. I have read a lot of inspirational stories of other people learning code by themselves and successfully switching careers, and I am determined to do the same.


I would love to hear from any of you, veterans and beginners alike, as I embark upon this journey.

Wish me luck! I am sure I will need it. :)

-Andrei

No comments:

Post a Comment