Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Html and Css week

  Good evening everyone!

  Pretty good day today, and I spent solid 4 hours of studying. My wife went to Ukraine for a week to visit her family, so I am hoping to make a lot of progress during her absence.

  Over last couple of days I have spent several hours trying to get my head wrapped around git, github and version control. As I was doing the tutorials and exercises, I felt like I was getting it, but after everything was said and done, I was not sure I would be able to do it all on my own. I am not going to stress too much over it now. When I start actually using git, I will hopefully iron out all the details in the process.

  I started brushing up on html and css, and I will probably spend the rest of the week on that topic. There are a couple of online courses I will try to finish that teach html and css, and see where I can go from there. Right now I am half way done with the Epicodus's Learn to Program Html and Css Tutorial. It seems pretty easy, and I am blowing through it. I am learning about bootstrap right now. I don't feel the course is giving enough info about it, so I will probably spend a little bit of time outside the course reading about it, and trying to understand the basic functions of it, and how it is to be used.

  Goal for next couple of days: Learn about bootstrap, and learn to apply the bootstrap themes to my dummy sites.

  Goal for the week: Finish up with the html and css basics.

  Till next time,

  -Andrei

No comments:

Post a Comment